Monday, January 20, 2014

Booom

Newest experience in Kentucky.

Sometimes when you are trying to build a house, or a road, or put in the sewer and electric for these things - they actually need to BLAST to get past some rock.

Today, I experienced this happening in my NEIGHBORHOOD!!!  Like 20 minutes ago.

I'm not sure how I feel about this.  I know I saw the sign last week at the front entrance to the sub. (Lucky I went out that day?)

But, to be standing in the back yard with the dogs, and hear what sounds like a weird car alarm, or police alarm or anything like that- and then BOOM!

I won't say the world rocked, but I'm sure the dogs felt it more than I did.
It took me a second to realize what they had done and I'm sure that it was pretty darn small, I didn't see any dirt fly in the air or anything.  (Actually, I'm not even sure I was facing the right direction- they are building in two different directions from my house.)

So, I share my discombobulation over this experience.

No comments: