Tuesday, March 21, 2006

NPR and Pigs

Some of you may know that NPR is a staple in our Radio Listening Lives.
Tom and I have been listening for a few years now and we mostly listen to the Michigan Radio version that comes out of Ann Arbor.
unfortunately it is affiliated with UoM, but they also cover the Lansing area, soo what can you do.

Starting next Friday, it is that time of year again... Yes, pledge time.
Of course all of the shows will be messed up and they will bombard you with asking for money. Well, if you happen to call on Tuesday morning the 4th or Friday Afternoon the 7th, you might actually talk to me. Considering my job situation, we can not Give money. So, I am going to give my time to answering the phones.
Friday the 7th will be their last day of asking for money, so don't disappoint me. I may have to call and bug people. LOL My training will be on Tuesday night the 28th for a hour. I think I know how to answer the phone and the computer software will probably be way easy to use...
Hopefully we are using computers to put the pledges in, I can not imagine doing this on paper. Eeeew

Let see what else. I made a extra cage today for piggies. I can not put Winslow in the Pool to clean his cage, So I gathered up the extra pieces and managed to make a 2 x 3 C&C cage. Shown here....

Of course, while getting pictures of that, I tried to get a good picture of Winslow. That shiny white face certainly makes it a little difficult at times.
He is doing ok. He has been on the new medication for a week now. I haven't seen much of a difference in the sneezing, but he is not losing anymore weight. That is a good thing. I am trying whatever I can to get him to put some more weight back on.
I mostly made the new cage to give him a little more space to run, and if we have to take them anywhere. Winslow will not be able to stay in that cage over night, but the girls can, so If we have to go anywhere and someone needs to watch piggies, I now have the back up plan. Whew.

I read about someone else having a horrible pet sitter, and it made me think about what I'm going to need to do...

No comments: