Tuesday, September 12, 2006

September Blues

School has actually started almost everywhere, (Except for Detroit) and I don't have a teaching job this year.
Tom was basicaly surprised. He really thought that a job would just jump up and get me. I had a feeling that it wasn't going to happen this year. Especially since we still have to go back to court on Sept. 26th..

I'm working at the camera store (Ritz) and it is going ok. The pay fluctuates a great deal depending on what I manage to sell. Sales incentives can be evil things, there didn't used to be too many camera with them, so you wound up pushing the same old thing all the time. Now, most cameras have one (SI) so you feel better getting them something they will more likely enjoy.

Tom took some vacation time, as when they start building the car he is working on - he won't get any vacation time until after January or February. Christmas totally depends on if Chrysler decides if they are going to take a break for the regular break... IT will probably be very short.
I will be stuck working retail hours. Not something I really want to do.

I tried signing up for Substitute teaching and was told, we have too many - in Walled Lake. Tried Novi but I haven't heard anything. I think I need to call them.

I am taking my last Master's class. Hmm, guess I better sign up for graduation..
Hope September is being better to you...

No comments: