Thursday, August 23, 2007

Where did the summer go?

Hi,
Time for a couple updates.

I would hazard a guess that I have had a pretty good summer. As my left foot now wears a post -op shoe for the next couple of weeks. I'm not really sure what I did - there is a possibility of brusitis (sp) from working on cement floors. OR I hurt my foot playing paintball and really didn't notice.

I did notice my foot this past weekend while camping. I have not gone camping in YEARS. I had a fairly good time. The giant tent Tom bought for me is a little too large for cool weather camping. Not that you expect cool weather in AUGUST, but what can I say. To save myself from the rain, I slept comfortably on my air mattress in the back of the jeep. Can we say - it's good to be short.

Piggies are doing well. Winslow had a URI in July - no surprise. But then Lenny broke one of his bottom insisors and was rather unhappy for 2 or so weeks. The broken one has since grown back and Dr. G clipped both bottom teeth so that they match. Lenny is a much happier pig now.

Tom is working his butt off. That is fairly normal. He has taken days off here and there and has grilled much meat for Tammy and friends this summer.
My job at the camera store is going ok. I have in essance taken this month off from sales. My numbers SUCK. Oh well. Everyone else in the store seems to be making up for me.

I applied to a couple teaching jobs, had one interview and alas things are going no where in that field. Now what to do?
I think I'm gonna start looking for a office type job. I could use some sitting down again.


Ah yes, and the end of the summer blast will be Trina's Wedding. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.

Several friends turned 40 or 30 this year. Congrats to all. My 20 year high school reunion will be next fall I believe. OH BOY - watch out world.

Hope you enjoy the rest of August.

No comments: