Thursday, April 06, 2006

PLEDGE, will you?

What a week. It is Thursday and I feel like I have gotten nothing done, but I haven't been home at all..... If you check out Naarah's blog you will see where I was on Monday. After I dropped her off at home, I went to school downtown. Such fun, the traffic on 94 was YUCK....
I had to take 8 mile from M-10 to get home. They have 696 messed up between Southfield road, all the way out to Orchard Lake.
So, if you need to get to anywhere near 696 and Telegraph, or to get on the Lodge, you better take 12 mile or another mile road to get there. It looks like it will be messed up at the MIXING BOWL for months.

Tuesday I spent 4 hours at Michigan Radio in Ann Arbor, answering phones for the NPR Pledge Drive. We did really well, we only missed ONE goal the whole morning. They made all the ones before I got there and we only missed the Noon one by one lousy person. I think they made it up yesterday when I tuned in, they added a little goal to the end of one our and it certainly covered what we had missed. The best time to call is during a matching hour (any amount), or the new member drive (if you can do $100). I want to do the Day sponsorship in the fall. Then April will be up on the Calendar, can you guess what will go there?
Hmm, the number you ask - 888-258-9866.

The possibilities -
Ah from last post. This is still very up in the air.... I have had contact with someone at a school, but whether it goes anywhere is certainly up in the air at the moment.

1 comment:

Matt_Sweet said...

Good for you for answering calls.

I have been hearing that the "Mixing Bowl" is all messed up with construction, but I hadn't know what that meant until your blog. Thanks for that.