Friday, February 10, 2006

Is it just me?

Or did I really forget what it was like to have a cold????
I have been sick since Tom got back from Arizona. That would be at least 2 weeks ago now. I am still sick. Not dying in bed, I want mummy's chicken noodle sick- but the runny and blowing nose that scares people kind of sick. The kind where you don't want to sneeze on someone, or just don't want to get out of bed.

So, for most of the time, I feel sort of ok. But if I get cold, or tired - forget it, you don't want to be near me.

I know some people are saying, geez - does she talk about anything other than the pig???
Come on, what else really do I have to tell you about? I found some dark chocolate that I liked at Trader Joes, and some decent priced Salmon that wasn't bad..
My mother is finally painting her kitchen, I saw it in phase one - bottom coat of paint.
Tom locked his keys in the Minivan today and I had to drive all the way to Chrysler to let him back in the dang van. No, don't get someone to Jimmy it, call your wife to drive 20 miles one way.
He took me to lunch and to the humane society to see if they had any guinea pigs. They did not. They had a cute dobe/hound mix. He had dobe color points, but certainly not a dobe body. The sign said he CHEWED things. No way was I taking him home. Needs excitement all the time, I don't have kids so that wouldn't work for him.
Mom tried with a dog like that once. She was pure dobe and she ATE everything. A pair of dad's cowboy boots, my Garfield the cat (scratched his wood eyes all up) and anything else she could get a hold of. I think she even went through the screen door of the doorwall. Needless to say, I know better than to bring home an animal like that.

Mostly Winslow has been learning to escape from his cage. I can understand the wanting to see everything, but the lengths that he is going to is just amazing to me.
I think we have managed to minimize the possibility of him getting out. Raised the walls and made it so he cant use the bottom pieces to leverage himself up. He needs a friend at this point. I am working on it, but am not having that much luck.
I keep finding cute ones that are already spoken for. Just not down off the internet yet.
So, that's life.
Going to bug Rob and Naarah tonight.
later

No comments: