Friday, July 30, 2004


It seems that with each day that passes, the chances of Vegas grow more Slim.
I have spent a lot of time trying to find jobs for Tom online.  This has become a very tedious task.  I believe that on Wednesday I sent out around 9 or 10 resume's and feelers.  The school district helped in getting me connected to their job connection weby site, but there really isn't any immediate feedback to work with there.
I found one promising job as a manufacturing supervisor - which is what Tom is doing now.  I think I am going to call them today and find out if they are still looking or not.  They happen to make Windows, which I find histerical, considering Tom and Rob worked at Weathervane Windows during college.  Not that either of them enjoyed the job, but hey, he has worked in the business.
As of Monday- we have to make our decision.
(Monday, wear the sweater to school, be calm,  look cute....   (sorry couldn't help myself, if you know what this is from - VERY COOL))
I've decided that we need to let the school district know, or I have to send all my paperwork in on Monday for them to get it by Wednesday.  If we get a decent bite on Monday for Tom, I'll try to extend my date, which Las Vegas has said they would do.  But, if we have nothing and the window company is dragging their feet,  I'll have to tell the personnel department that we will have to wait till next year.
YES, Tom has said that we can try again next year.  I guess that is fair.  It would give us time to work on the house a little.  Properly pack - and get rid of a lot of garbage.  (Although I have been doing a lot of that lately.)  He is interested in using vacation to go and do the police academy out there.  That would give him a much better chance of getting into a job he is more interested in.
If we do happen to pull this off...... We'll throw a packing party.
I think that will be the best way to get this done.  I will have to be on the road by August 13th, to get there in time before the first day I have to be in meetings, on August 18th.    The date of the packing would have to be the 11th or the 12th.  If people were able to help on one or both days, I would be the happiest person on the planet.  Yes, I know those are a Wednesday and a Thursday.  I'm guessing that I would have the truck here on the 12th, they charge by the day- ewww.
I checked with a real estate agent and we can get more money for the house than we bought it, always good news.  I'm fairly sure we can have the new carpet in the basement by then.  Scott is coming out on Monday to start on the walls.  Yes, too much to do in too little time.  I understand why Tom is wigging out a little.
Wish us luck.  Thinking of you all.
Post a Comment