Friday, August 13, 2004

It's Friday and way too Early......

Wow, I know I got enough sleep. Just can't seem to wake up.

News- I had a teaching interview on Thursday with a charter school in Detroit. Northwest Detroit - I prefer that area if I have to go there. Looks to be about a 30 minute drive from the house. (wow)
So, you want to know.... Well, so do I. I'm kidding- the Principal basically told me that I am going on to the second interview. I don't have to wait around and fret. Now I just have to wait for them to call me and set up the second - informative interview. I will probably get to meet the guy who holds the charter for the schools - has three- Elem, Mid and now a high School.
He got the Charter through Central Mich U. which is a good thing, means they are based in state and not out of state.
Hopefully I pass the stupid no child left behind crap for teaching english. I think I do. If not, there are a couple classes I can take a Wayne to catch up. There is one class I want to take anyway, so we'll see.


Consulting - It is going very well. I got the girls over the "Scared" hurdle and we are getting to the point they could actually finish something. They had a little meeting about me probably getting a teaching job and realized that they feel much more capable of doing it themselves now. Which is what I was hired for!!!
Just having a little trouble getting the right program for them. We are going to test something out today.

Travel - Not sure if I can pull it off. Need to visit Mom and Dad, and might be able to go for a couple of days. Wanted to do the whole week, but I don't think I can do that. I have to report to the Charter school on Aug 23 and the students come to school on Sept. 7. So, I get two weeks to prepare for school. Ewwww
Ok, it is better than one day.

Anyone else think the weather is screwy?? Oh, Tom will be on nights for a month or so. Not positive of when that is going to happen. He keeps mentioning it, but not saying "when".
Take care
Tammy

ps. I think I hate painting. Still hurt and umm, not done with primer yet. HEY - I started working......

No comments: